Sponsored by TNF Michigan Chapter
Highlights (February 2015 to October 2017)
- The project was officially inaugurated by Mr.Gopidass, Chief Education Officer,Namakkal District on February6, 2015
- 4 of the 6 adopted schools are government residential tribal schools and all schools were identified by the Chief Education Officer
- Students (251 in 2014 -15 school year, 636 in 2015 – 16 , 504 in 2016 -17 and 384 in 2017 – 2018) identified as academically challenged through teacher input and baseline tests were empowered through ABC classes.
- Student academic baseline data completed in July 2015, July 2016 , July 2017 and in-between assessments were made in September 2016 and December 2016.
- 37% of students in 6th to 9th classes were significantly below their grade level proficiency during 2016 school year.
- By the end of the academic year 30% of TNF Students achieved grade level proficiency and were streamlined to regular classes.
- 478 in 2015 – 16 and 340 in 2016 – 17, tenth-class students were enriched with two full days of soft skills training.
அன்னசத்திரம் ஆயிரம் வைத்தல் ஆலயம் பதினாயிரம் நாட்டல் பின்னருள்ள தருமங்கள் யாவும் பெயர் விளங்கியொளிர நிறுத்தல் அன்னயாவினும் புண்ணியம் கோடி ஆங்கோர் ஏழைக்கு எழுத்தறிவித்தல்
Educating one underprivileged is more meritorious than establishing thousands of food banks and building thousands of temples
– Tamil Poet Mahakavi Bharathiyar
TNF – ABC Schools in Namakkal District
- Valvil Ori Government Tribal Residential Higher Secondary School, Vazhavandhi Nadu, Kolli Hills
- Government Tribal Residential Higher Secondary School, Sengarai, Kolli Hills
- Government Tribal Residential Higher Secondary School, Mullukkuruchi, Kolli Hills
- Government Tribal Residential High School (Girls), Mullukkurichi, Kolli Hills
- Government Higher Secondary School (Boys), Erumaipatti
- Government Higher Secondary School,Kalappanayakkanpatti